Im so excited about this, best of all I get to see it.
Herman Miller Pop Up Shop
New York City
May 9 – July 1, 2012
68 Wooster Street, Soho
New York, NY 10012
Designed by Charles and Ray Eames in 1956 for Herman Miller, the Eames Classic Lounge and Ottoman is one of the most famous pieces of mid-century modern furniture ever. Inspired by an American baseball glove it comes in seven-ply cherry or walnut shells with leather upholstery. The original chairs used Brazilian rosewood.
According to wikipedia here are some of it’s famous appearances:
* Frasier, where it was visible in all but one episodes.
* In the office of Dr. Gregory House in the eponymous television series House
* In Chandler and Joey’s apartment in the first season of Friends
* In the movie She’s Out of My League
* In the TV series Cougar Town, during the first episode of the second season guest starring Jennifer Aniston.
* Frequently seen being used in AMC’s drama series Mad Men set in the 1960s
* The chair is present in Dr. Cox’s apartment in the sitcom Scrubs
* In the movie Iron Man (film) and is seen in Tony Stark’s apartment and workshop.
* There is mention of the chair in the Steely Dan song “Things I miss the most”
* In the TV show Day Trip Designer.
* In both Richard Castle’s and Kate Beckett’s house in Castle (TV series).
* A modified version of the chair with Missoni fabric, appeared in Gossip Girl, in Lily’s apartment.
* An all-white Eames lounge chair appears in Disney’s Tron: Legacy.
* Is mentioned in the Lee Child novel “The Hard Way”.
* Seen on the Nickelodeon TV show “iCarly”, in Carly’s apartment.
* The chair is seen in Thierry Guetta’s studio in the Banksy documentary “Exit Through the Gift Shop”.